Well, here’s what I’ve been working on for the past few weeks. I liked the idea that some folks had about showing how to wear an article of clothing repeatedly, so I thought I’d dig around in my closet for said items to feature. Here’s my first from the “Piece” series featuring my beloved olive jacket.
I did seven looks or a week’s worth of outfits. Ideas or variations on a theme are described in the captions below. Let’s get started:
1. Jacket + button down + loafers
2. Long sleeved tee shirt under the jacket, tall boots.
3. Button down + cuffed jeans + brogues
4. Stripes under olive. Sweatshirt + skirt optional.
5. Flowy blouse + maxi skirt
6. Black dress + leggings + ankle boots (see the look sans jacket here)
7. Black tee + pants
Let me know what you think and if you have other pairing suggestions for the olive jacket. This was a great way to challenge myself to examine my closet and to think more deeply about what I put on myself every day.
For now, it’s back to perch on the thinking couch next to my closet–I’ll be back when the next bolt of inspiration strikes!